Western North Carolina residents and visitors alike know that Asheville is a very dog-friendly city. In addition to lots of stores for dogs, including a dog bakery, most any Asheville restaurant with outdoor seating allows dogs to accompany diners. Now some restaurants have taken it a step further -- they even offer special menus for dogs.
According to this recent story in the Asheville Citizen-Times, several Asheville restaurants feature canine cuisine, including:
- Twisted Laurel (entrees and treats) - outdoor seating
- Posana (entrees and treats) - outdoor seating
- Avenue M (treats) - outdoor patio
- Battery Park Champagne Bar (treats) - outdoor seating
- The Hop (doggie ice cream) - doggie socials
- Ultimate Ice Cream (doggie ice cream)
- Purple People Feeder (food truck; special dog bowl)
Of course, that doesn't even include all the places where you can take out a meal and enjoy it with your pup at Pack Square Park, Pritchard Park, or Carrier Park.
So next time you eat out, you can pick a place where you can feed Fido too!
Image: Khunaspix, Freedigitalphotos.net