In an effort to make vaccinations accessible and affordable to the animal and residents of Henderson County, Blue Ridge Humane Society now offers low cost vaccines the third Monday of every month from 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM at our Adoption Center beginning May 2018. The Adoption Center is located at 88 Centipede Lane in Hendersonville, NC.
Before administering vaccinations, pets receive an examination from a licensed veterinarian, and owners are educated about the importance of preventive care when it comes to their pets health.
To receive vaccinations at a Blue Ridge Humane Society clinic, pet owners must meet ONE of the below required criteria:
- Receive Public Assistance (SNAP, DSS, SSI, SSDI, unemployment, disability, Medicaid)
- Fall below HUD Income Guidelines
- Full-time college student
- Military Service Member or Veteran
The day of the vaccinations, pet owners must bring with them the following items:
- Please bring proof of prior vaccinations including a Rabies Certificate (a rabies tag will not count).
- All animals should be in good health and have not shown previous signs of aggression.
- All cats should be in carriers and all dogs should be leashed upon arrival.
- Owner must bring proof of how they meet the required criteria for vaccination at a Blue Ridge Humane Society.
- Rabies 1 year (Dogs or cats over 3 months) – $10.00
- Rabies 3 year (Dogs or cats with rabies certificate, a tag will not count as proof of previous vaccination) – $10.00
- Bordetella (Dogs over 2 months) – $10.00
- DA2PPV (Dogs 6 to 12 weeks) – $10.00
- FVRCP (Cats over 2 months) – $10.00
- Microchip (Dogs or cats over 2 months) -$15.00
For more information, visit: https://www.blueridgehumane.org/community-services/low-cost-vaccines/