Starting May 1, submit your favorite photo of your pet along with their story, and ask your friends and family to vote! The pet who has the most votes by June 1 will win the title "WNC’s Pet of the Year"!
Move over Miss Butterworth - our next pet celebrity is about to take the crown! Voting is open to the general public with $1 equaling 1 vote!
Show off your adorable pet while supporting the care of animals who are still waiting for their forever homes!
Prizes for top pets include:
- Feature in Prestige Subaru ad campaign (pet must be available for photo shoot)
- Photo session with professional photographer PLUS digital downloads
- Free tickets to this year’s Taste of Compassion Gala (humans only)
- Gift certificate to Patton Avenue Pet Company
- Pet photo tile with permanent placement on wall at AHS Adoption Center
Sign up and vote here: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/ashevillehumane
The first 25 entrants will receive a free Premier Participant tag with your pet's photo entry on the front courtesy of Dog Tag Art!
You can enter your pet(s) starting that day, and throughout the month. Entries should include your pet's photo and story.
The three pets who receive the most votes will win prizes fit for a star! In addition, the judges will select two winners based on their stories (pet must have at least 50 votes to be eligible for these prizes).
All species are encouraged to enter!
- All entries and votes must be submitted by June 1st at 7:59:59 p.m. EST.
- There is a $5 minimum donation to submit a pet's photo into the contest.
- Each submission should only contain one pet, but you can submit other pets as separate entries.
- Pets only. Photos cannot contain people or wildlife.
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from Asheville Humane Society, or any other shelter, to be eligible to enter the contest.
- Your pet must live in Western North Carolina to win the grand prize.
- You may enter a deceased pet, but they cannot be eligible for top prizes.
- All photos must be digital and do not need to be professional.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, you affirm that you are the photographer, or have been given unrestricted use permission by the photographer, to include the photo.
- Once entered, photo submissions become the property of AHS to be used at our discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- AHS reserves the right to remove photo entries that are inappropriate or do not follow the rules of the contest. If this happens, we will contact you to see if the photo can be replaced with a new one.
- Should your pet win one of the top three spots, you must be able to bring them to Asheville to pose for a photography session with one of our volunteer photographers.