You're probably familiar with the concept of intoxication when it applies to humans who have to much to drink. Interestingly enough, intoxication is possible in dogs as well -- but it happens when they drink too much water.
Water intoxication is not common, but it is more possible during the summer months. This is when dogs tend to drink a lot of water to keep cool. They also could ingest large quantities of water when they are swimming or playing in streams, ponds and lakes. It is even possible to ingest water when playing with a garden hose.
TopDogTips.com has a handy infographic about water intoxication that details the risks, symptoms, and consequences of water intoxication. It also contains tips for prevention and home treatment, and it includes other water-related dangers for dogs.
You'll find the Water Intoxication infographic here: https://topdogtips.com/water-intoxication-in-dogs/