If you read this blog, you are surely a dog lover -- and you are more than likely to know there are many benefits of owning a dog. According to HonestPaws.com, there are at least 95 of them! Here are just a few of the intriguing ones:
- A dog’s gaze (think of those puppy eyes!) induces a release of oxytocin, “the love hormone,” which is linked to a strengthened emotional bond between mothers and babies.
- Babies exposed to dogs are less likely to develop common allergies.
- Kids who grow up around dogs have a more positive youth development versus kids who don’t grow up around dogs.
- Dog owners have a 24% lower risk of death from any cause than non-dog owners.
- Owning a pet, including dogs, reduces the harmful effects of stress for senior citizens.
- Petting dogs for as little as 10 minutes reduces cortisol levels, “the stress hormone.”
- Fifty-five percent of Americans would rather quarantine with their dog than their significant other.
Check out lots more fun facts here: https://www.honestpaws.com/blog/benefits-of-having-a-dog/