My little dog occasionally snorts uncontrollably. While the episode doesn't last long, it's actually pretty frightening to watch since it looks like he is in considerable discomfort. According to our vet, it's a harmless condition that's quite common in dogs. The official name is "mechanosensitive aspiration reflex" but it is colloquially known as "reverse sneezing."
If your dog ever does this, PetPlace.com has published a very comprehensive article about reverse sneezing that should allay any fears. The article includes:
- What is Reverse Sneezing in Dogs?
- What Does a Reverse Sneeze Look Like?
- How Long Do Episodes of Reverse Sneezing Last?
- What Does Reverse Dog Sneezing Sound and Look Like?
- What Causes Reverse Sneezing in Dogs?
- Which Breeds are Most Likely to Reverse Sneeze?
- What is the Treatment for Reverse Sneezing in Dogs?
- How to Stop a Reverse Sneezing Episode in Dogs
- What to Watch For
- Prevention of Reverse Sneezing in DOgs
- FAQs About Reverse Sneezing in Dogs
- Final Thoughts on Reverse Sneezing in Dogs
Read the article here: