Dog owners and pet lovers tour the Historic 7th Avenue District businesses and participate in the Historic 7th Avenue District Pup Crawl benefiting Blue Ridge Humane Society. Each stop will feature a pet giveaway or treat as well as an interactive activity hosted by a local pet-centric business such as paw print painting, paw reading, agility course, and more!
Pup Crawl Stops and Activities:
- Guidon Brewing Company: Ask a Trainer with Sue Garrett from Hendo Dogs, Canine Harvest with treat samples, $1 per full pour house beer sold donated to BRHS, and house-made doggie treats.
- Southern Appalachian Brewery: Paw Painting with Wag! A Unique Pet Boutique, house-made treats, $1 per full pour of house brewed beer donated to BRHS, and food truck.
- The Brandy Bar: Dog agility course, dog treats, $1 per house drink donated to BRHS, food vendor. (The Brandy Bar is a private club and requires a $1 membership due to NC ABC regulations).
- Triskelion Brewing Company: Paw Reading, Pup Cones, and Brew Chews doggie treats, live music in the court yard, and food truck.
Additional activities and locations may be added.
- $20 individual dog
- $30 family (2+ dogs)
How it Works:
Purchase your pupport online, over the phone at (828) 692-2639, or day of at the Blue Ridge Humane tables at any of the stops. Pupports are available one per dog or per family and include pet treats (if you bring your pup) and access to a variety of activities just for the canine brewery and bar visitors. You can also participate without a pup so bring your favorite brewery buddy along too!
Check in at the Blue Ridge Humane table at any of the participating locations and receive your Pupport! The Pupport gives you access to pet treats and activities at each stop along the way. As you stop for a drink and an activity make sure to get your Pupport stamped at each bar. Once you collect all the stamps check back in at the Blue Ridge Humane table at the last location you’re at and enter for the Grand Prize drawing with tons of swag and goodies for you and your pup from our hosts!
To ensure a puptacular day for all…
- Check your dog’s health and mood before he/she joins us. If your dog is not feeling 100% or seems irritable, please keep him/her home for the day. You will be showing them just as much love by keeping them resting in non-ideal circumstances.
- Enjoy togetherness while you explore by keeping your dog on his/her favorite leash. Do not, however, use a long (6 ft or more) leash. Also- help your dog by staying in control. Public events can be busy places with a lot of stimuli for dogs. Keep them calm so they can have a good time with you on a special day out.
- Bring along some means to keep your doggie hydrated. There will be water stations at each location but you may want your own portable dish or squirt bottle for your pup.
CDC recommendations will be followed and we ask that all participants practice safe distancing and masking for the safety of our hosts, volunteers, community, and staff.